Monday, October 10, 2011

The Fashion Diaries



I had been planning on starting a spring "collection", and so far I have gotten a pair of shorts 85% finished and that's about it. I have been working on custom orders for a client as well as my ebay store which is daily upkeep. I really want to get away from that though and focus on my clothing line. Its slowly coming along.

I went to the mall today, and yes I guiltily bought a few new things. I suppose a girl deserves a few new things once in a while :) I also love to get inspiration. I went into Macys and there was a huge Lagerfeld for Impulse display at the front entrance. Seems like all the designers and stores want to do collaborations now. When will they really realize that people, that is REAL people (not the Kim Kardashian type, were talking more the really real housewives types. Not the New Jersey ones either) can't afford any of that designer stuff. We can't even afford it at Macy's prices.

But its ok, still they try. I do admit its tough to be "anti-fashion" when your a "fashion designer". Well you all know me, I'm not anti fashion, just anti-LABEL. Well anyway, I picked up this cute 80s inspired outfit today. Im loving the purple and cobalt blue I was seeing everywhere in stores. I also like that super bold teal (see the shirt hanging there on the wall?) Well I didn't buy that one but I love the color!



I picked up my share of inspiration for the day. And now its back to the drawing board. Time to drum up some ideas for my own collection. And in the meantime Ive been thinking I really should get back into posting my outfit everyday. You know wardrobe_remix on flickr was the beginning of that whole fashion diaries thing right? Just saying.

No comments: